A good sewing machine is a pre-requisite for anyone associated with making or stitching clothes. It considerably reduces the time required to do a job and helps makers to increase their efficiency.
Even though there are many sewing machines available in the market, hardly few of them live up to the user’s expectations. One of the few machines that deliver optimal performance is the Brother PQ1500SL.
Features of this sewing machine
The PQ1500 SL has many features that make it an ideal machine for creating quilts or stitching. Some of its features are:
- It is a straight stitching machine with a high power mechanism. It is capable of producing up to 1500 stitches per minute!
- The “feed dogs” in a sewing machine are one of the critical components that feed fabric through the machine, thus enabling proper gaps between stitches. The Brother PQ1500 SL review states that this machine has four feed dogs for height adjustment.
- It has an automatic button for cutting thread.
- It has an attached extension table, 12”x18” in measurement.
- Brother PQ1500 SL has a built-in knee lifter, which allows lifting and lowering the presser foot with ease.
- This machine comes with a suitable thread tension dial, which is easy to adjust with varying thread thickness.
These are some of the attributes that set Brother PQ1500 SL apart from other sewing machines. Keeping them in mind, it is easy to conclude that this machine is much more convenient than others in the market.
Pros and cons of using this machine
After getting a Brother PQ1500 SL review focusing on its features, let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
- Unlike most other sewing machines, this one hardly makes any sound. This feature makes it ideal to use itfor household purposes. Even though it is fast, people’s families will not get disturbed by the operation of this machine.
- Some of its features like automatic threading and adjustment of the needle make it very efficient. There is no hassle of manually threading and adjusting the needles every time a new thread is used.
- The Brother PQ1500 SL has tiny oil holes situated outside the machine. Thus, there is no need of taking apart the machine every time for oiling. Additionally, it comes with a brush that helps to keep the machine spick and span all the time.
- The large table for sewing is certainly an advantage for making quilts or stitching.
- The only notable con to this sewing machine is that it often cuts the thread a bit too short. Since it comes with an automatic thread cutter, the thread tends to get trimmed to the point of the needle getting unthreaded.
So judging by the Brother PQ1500 SL review, its pros outweigh its cons by a lot. Also, it has garnered rave reviews from users ever since its launch in the market. Thus, this sewing machine is undoubtedly one of the best products in its category!