It’s pretty natural to hate those bulky, cumbersome sewing machines even if you like to sew as sewing on these machines is actually tedious and tiring. Although many top sewing machine manufacturers are emphasizing lightweight machines, still the best handheld sewing machines are what many home-based tailors crave.
In such a scenario, the best handheld sewing machines come forward as saviors as they encapsulate all your basic sewing-related requirements, but in a compact form! We’ll be scouting some of the best handheld sewing machines and the reasons behind their spectacular user base.
- 1 What Makes the Best Handheld Sewing Machines a Deserving Candidate for Your House?
- 2 Best Handheld Sewing Machines – Buying Guide
- 3 Best Handheld Sewing Machine Reviews
- 3.1 1. Buyfitcase Portable Cordless Handheld Sewing Machine
- 3.2 2. Stywvoe Portable Cordless Professional Sewing Machine, White
- 3.3 3. Charminer Handheld Sewing Machine, White
- 3.4 4. Loyalland Portable Handheld Sewing Machine
- 3.5 5. SLEPPGO Mini Handheld Sewing Machine
- 3.6 6. Onesing 47 Pcs Cordless Mini Handheld Sewing Machine, Black
- 3.7 7. CAMTOA Portable Handheld Sewing Machine, White
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes the Best Handheld Sewing Machines a Deserving Candidate for Your House?
The best hand crank sewing machines are designed to make your home-based tailoring a breeze as they are loaded with an appreciable range of benefits. Here is a list of some advantages of these sewing machines that make them a go-to option for convenient sewing.
Portability stands among the significant attributes when it comes to a product like a sewing machine and unquestionably, that’s what the best handheld sewing machines are popular for. Though it won’t be correct to call them an ideal replacement for traditional sewing machines, they can still do a decent job for you.
Handheld sewing machines are quite lightweight and handy and can be carried or stored easily. Thus, they remain unparalleled when it comes to portability.
Using a handheld sewing machine is extremely convenient and you can just go on stitching seamlessly. Their convenience can also be interpreted as the convenience to carry as you can take them anywhere you go due to their compact size. Besides, they can reside anywhere in a drawer, a cupboard, or a cover.
Despite being much lighter and convenient than a conventional sewing machine, the best handheld sewing machines don’t compromise with precision. You’ll get the most accurate stitches with these sewing machines, making them a reliable option for you.
Handheld sewing machines are extremely affordable, which makes them a one-stop destination for doing pity jobs like sewing buttons, torn shirts, etc. Besides, the best handheld sewing machines for denim is also an incredible alternative for sewing denim without investing a hefty amount.
· Help you sew clothes while wearing
You need not take off your shirt or pants to sew them as you can get them sewed while wearing them.
The advantages of handheld sewing machines aren’t confined to the above-listed ones. You get a package of benefits with these machines and thus, investing in these sober-looking sewing machines will definitely prove to be a rational decision.
Best Handheld Sewing Machines – Buying Guide
Buying a handheld sewing machine can be confusing sometimes due to the availability of a humongous range of best-selling sewing machines that not only differ in appearance but also offer different properties.
Factors to Consider for the Best Handheld Sewing Machines
To simplify the buying procedure and to help you choose the best handheld sewing machines in your budget, here is a short buyer’s guide.
- Compactness i.e. dimensions and weight
- Power options – DC supply, AA batteries, or USB
- Stitching capacity i.e. the types and thickness of fabrics that the machine can process
- Warranty period
- Price range
- You may search for other characteristics like best handheld sewing machines for quilting, denim, or curtains as it describes the versatility of the sewing machines.
- Looking for a brand with better after-sale services may also help you get the best product.
- Some high-end handheld sewing machines may also offer auto-stitching that can be enabled just by pressing or holding a button.
Considering so many attributes at the same time may take a buyer into a state of indecision or confusion regarding the choice of the best handheld sewing machine for him. To help you out in choosing a decent handheld sewing machine for you, here are some of the finest portable sewing machines that you can go for blindly.
Best Handheld Sewing Machine Reviews
If you’re looking for the best handheld sewing machines for beginners or even if you’re a professional, we have shortlisted some top-notch handheld sewing machines that will surely take your skills to a new league.
Mesmerizing the users with its sheer versatility, this vibrant handheld sewing machine will surely grab anyone’s attention with its design and colors. The machine is ideal for on-site sewing and other pity stitches and thus, you need to fetch those bulky sewing machines every time.
- Extremely lightweight handheld sewing machine for easy carrying and storage
- Quick and easy means for emergency or on-site sewing
- Two power options to choose from – 6V power supply or 4 AA batteries
- The best handheld sewing machines for hemming can work on any fabric, including hem, silk, wool, etc.
- Offers 4 easy to disassemble thread set points, adjustable mounting plate, etc.
Encompassing all your on-site sewing requirements, Stywvoe can actually fix a cloth piece in mere minutes. The best handheld sewing machine for denim is capable enough to deal with almost every fabric flawlessly and thus, you can’t spot a single reason for not relying on it.
- The lightweight handheld sewing machine fascinates convenient traveling with these machines along with easy storage.
- Stywvoe handheld sewing machine is easy and affordable to maintain.
- The user can choose between two power options, namely, AA batteries or a 6V supply.
- The best handheld sewing machines for hemming work flawlessly on every fabric, including hems, curtains, perforations, etc.
- Stywvoe designed its handheld sewing machine to be extremely user-friendly with an adjustable mounting plate, easy to disassemble thread set points, and much more.
Placed among the best-selling sewing machines on reputed websites, Charminer handheld sewing machines are the best option for those who are looking forward to enhancing their skills with these mini sewing machines. These compact sewing machines can reside in any corner of your home (even in a bag pack).
- Ideal dimensions 7 x 21 x 5 cm along with lightweight (230g) make it ideal for traveling, transportation, and storage.
- The product can also be a great gifting option
- The best sewing machine for jeans suits every fabric, being denim, curtains, perforations, etc.
- This handheld sewing machine also comes with two power options i.e. AA batteries and power supply.
- The product is extremely user-friendly. (a user manual is included in the product for proper usage.)
Here is another extravagant handheld sewing machine that received a hearty welcome from professionals as well as beginners. It’s a breeze for brands like Loyalland when it comes to making place in best-rated sewing machines on the best websites for sewing machines.
- Lightweight handheld sewing machines can be called signature products of Loyalland and thus, this machine is also incredibly lightweight i.e. 230g, which makes them easy to carry and storage.
- The manufacturer made the product to be extremely easy to use through two power modes – power supply and batteries and thus, you can carry and use them anywhere even if you luck a plug point.
- The product is ideal for beginners as Loyalland discarded all complicated operations and thus, you can sew with a single button. Alongside, you also get 4 detachable threat set points, a mounting plate, and much more.
- The handheld sewing machine is pretty versatile and works on almost every fabric.
How can we forget SLEPPGO when we are talking about some ultimate handheld sewing machines in 2021? This mini sewing machine facilitates seamless sewing on almost every type of fabric, making it stand among the most fruitful investment on a sewing machine.
- The best heavy-duty handheld sewing machine will help you in DIY projects, folding curtains, stitching stuffed toys, and much more.
- The product can also be called the best handheld sewing machine for curtains as it can sew and fold curtains pretty effortlessly.
- The handheld sewing machine is completely battery operated, which is known for removing the hindrance of scouting a plug point every time you need to use it. you can power it through 4 AA batteries that are easily available everywhere.
- The most appreciable feature of the product is its auto-sew technology. All you need to do is to press and hold the power button and the machine will begin sewing automatically.
- SLEPPGO tried to design its handheld sewing machine to be extremely lightweight so that the user can carry it wherever he/she needs it to meet his/her basic sewing requirements.
Ones can be a one-stop destination for those searching for an affordable yet versatile sewing machine as the product comes with a 47 pcs sewing set that encapsulates all your basic sewing requirements.
- The sewing set offers multi-purpose sewing clips, seam rippers, gourd-shaped needle threaders, measuring tape, and lots more.
- The product is designed to be extremely lightweight. Alongside, it’s also perfect for beginners as well as advanced.
- The user can choose between two power options – 4 AA batteries (for convenient outdoor usage) or USB-cable (for direct usage at home).
- This sewing machine can be a perfect present for your mother, friends, or relatives.
- Design is also popular for its after-sale services as thus you need not worry about safety or maintenance.
We are ending our list with another masterpiece from the world of the best handheld sewing machines for patches. CAMA handheld sewing machine comes in shining white color and a user-friendly design, making it a strategic sewing machine for beginners as well as for professionals.
- The handheld sewing machine is extremely compact and lightweight, possessing dimensions of 20.5 x 7 x 3.5 and a weight of merely 240g.
- The product is also a great gifting option.
- CAMTOA works on almost every fabric, including silk, wool, curtains, etc.
- This product also allows you to choose between two power options – DC supply and batteries for the most convenient usage. Read the manual before installing the batteries.
- The best heavy-duty handheld sewing machine is loaded with several features like detachable threat set points, mounting plate, etc., which makes it exceptionally user-friendly.
The list of the best handheld sewing machines for home use doesn’t end here as markets are full of well-performing handheld sewing machines but surely, going for the above-listed handheld sewing machines won’t disappoint you at all.
Thus, if you’re a beginner and are scouting for the best handheld sewing machines for home use or if you’re a professional, you can always rely on this list. We wish you happy and seamless sewing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which is the best handheld sewing machine?
Here are a few best handheld sewing machines that you can go for
- Suitcase portable handheld sewing machine
- Stywvoe handheld sewing machine
- Charming handheld sewing machine
- Local land portable handheld sewing machine
- SLEPPGO handheld sewing machine
Q2. What can you do with handheld sewing machines?
You can perform basic stitching and DIY projects on fabrics with thicknesses less than 1.8mm.